I have been in the yachting industry since 1981, starting as a deckhand on an 80 foot motor yacht and working on a wide variety of vessels including motor yachts, sail yachts, sport-fish yachts and fishing boats from 50 to 235 feet.
As captain, I have completed 14 transatlantic voyages plus many other long distance transits and Relief Captain projects. I have cruised the waters of the US East Coast; Great Lakes; Bahamas; Caribbean; Panama Canal, Mediterranean Sea, Adriatic Sea, Persian Gulf and along the Pacific Coast, including Southern California, Mexico, Central America and the Galapagos.
When I am not traveling I love spending time at home with my daughter.
Current Maritime Certifications and Licenses include:
- United States Coast Guard Merchant Mariner License; Master of Power Vessels < 3000 Gross Tons / STCW '95
- United States Coast Guard Merchant Mariner License; Master of Auxiliary Sail Vessels < 500 Gross Tons
- Maritime & Coastguard Agency (MCA) Certificate of Equivalent Competency (CEC); Class IV; Yachts < 3000 GT
- Ship Security Officer Certification
- Auditor of International Safety Management Systems (ISM)
About Captain Jeff.......